Lucky The Golden Retriever Was Lucky

Lucky The Golden Retriever Was Lucky

Dog survives after eating 12 Mars Bars Lucky the 6 year old Golden Retriever was lucky indeed. His owners were out one Saturday and returned late afternoon to find a packet of Mars Bars completely empty. They were pretty sure they knew who the culprit was and Lucky...
Cat Owner Articles

Cat Owner Articles

Advice for cat owners written by Perth Vet Emergency Perth Vet Emergency is an emergency and critical care hospital for companion animals. We take great pride in the articles we develop to help educate pet owners and give them the facts from the experts in emergency...
Lilies Are Very Toxic To Cats

Lilies Are Very Toxic To Cats

The consequences can be fatal Lilies are beautiful but this is one bouquet or garden plant you want to avoid at all costs if you’re a cat owner. There are many different species of the Lily – the Easter Lily, Tiger Lily, Lily of the Valley and so many more. The...
Antifreeze Toxicity And Pets

Antifreeze Toxicity And Pets

The dangers that lurk in your garage There are various hazards for pets in the home and one is particularly toxic, with few pet owners aware of the danger lurking in their garage. Antifreeze, used in cars, is a toxic liquid that most would be surprised to hear has a...
My Pet Has Eaten Chocolate

My Pet Has Eaten Chocolate

Theobromine & Caffeine are toxic to dogs and cats Chocolate contains a compound called theobromine. Caffeine is also commonly present but in much smaller amounts. Both of these chemicals are toxic to dogs and cats. They affect the brain, the nerves, heart, and...