Lucky The Golden Retriever Was Lucky

Lucky The Golden Retriever Was Lucky

Dog survives after eating 12 Mars Bars Lucky the 6 year old Golden Retriever was lucky indeed. His owners were out one Saturday and returned late afternoon to find a packet of Mars Bars completely empty. They were pretty sure they knew who the culprit was and Lucky...
My Pet Has Eaten Chocolate

My Pet Has Eaten Chocolate

Theobromine & Caffeine are toxic to dogs and cats Chocolate contains a compound called theobromine. Caffeine is also commonly present but in much smaller amounts. Both of these chemicals are toxic to dogs and cats. They affect the brain, the nerves, heart, and...
Pet Has Eaten Snail Pellets

Pet Has Eaten Snail Pellets

Even in small quantities snail pellets are toxic Snail and slug pellets come in two major types; Metaldehyde (green) and Methiocarb (blue) snail pellets cause similar clinical signs when ingested by pets. The iron EDTA pellets (often red but sometimes purple) are also...
My Pet Has Eaten A Blowfish

My Pet Has Eaten A Blowfish

Tetrodotoxin is common in Perth and can be fatal Blow fish toxicity is relatively common in Western Australia due to the abundance of dog friendly beaches and foreshores. The toxin is also found in the puffer fish and toad fish. All parts of the fish are toxic however...